Sunday, May 24, 2009

Phew!

As I mentioned yesterday (http://mainesport.blogspot.com/2009/05/that-call.html), Leah had her first show of the year today. She started out great and won a first place blue ribbon for her first class. She was fifth in her second class. The last two were a real challenge because Wizard was acting up. She was nearly thrown several times, but held on. We're so proud of her!


Warm ups.



In action.


She just learned she won a blue ribbon. Working hard to keep her game face on.


Done!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! Wow, I can't believe she can do that...
    Amazing. Wizard is a beautiful horse. And Leah's form looks super--. Not that I know a blessed thing about riding! Congrats to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool. Congrats to Leah. Where does she do this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty cool. Congrats to her. Regrettably, I think riding my little turtles in a competition would be a bit rough for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your daughter! As a kid, I once rode a horse that was supposed to follow others in a circle but decided to do its own thing and go off the track. Luckily, I was tied into the saddle pretty well so I couldn't fall off. I'm not sure I would have gotten back on, though, if I had. She is brave!!

    ReplyDelete